Saturday, October 6, 2012

Chocolate & Gijón

This past week two amazing things have happened.
One, my host mom recommended a great chocolate shop/ cafe to study and it was absolutely wonderful. This may or may not be a good thing though seeing as every time I go in I consume my weight in calories. 

 Roun's strawberry ice cream!

Death by chocolate (my name for this delicious thing): crepe covered in chocolate sauce with a scoop of chocolate brownie ice cream. P.S. Chocolate in Spain is way better then chocolate in the U.S.

I also ventured out of León on Friday for the day with Roun to find some sun and the beach. It was an almost perfect 80 degree day and I fell asleep on the beach for a good few hours after we arrived to the city of Gijón. After hanging out at the beach we proceeded to wander around the city aimlessly looking for good places to shop, but we had no luck. Instead we ended up cafe hopping around town until it was time to get on the bus back home. We had a lovely day at the beach, but are still having a hard time adjusting to the fact that we cannot use our Iphone's to google map anything! Sometimes it's a little frustrating. It also doesn't help to ask people for directions here because we have no clue what any of the street names are!










 I love the little tea cups on the wall of this cafe that we found!

I love the mini muffins here! We found this great cafe in Gijón that served many yummy chocolate desserts and great tea. Gijón was the perfect combination of a relaxing getaway at the beach and a bustling Spanish city.
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment