Monday, November 5, 2012

Santiago Part II

This is the cathedral during the daylight. Still haunting right? However, the inside is the complete opposite: antique, but shiny and colorful. I attended Catholic Mass inside of this work of art. I'm glad that I experienced it, but it was less than impressive. It also smelled horrible because at the end of mass they spread incense throughout the cathedral by swinging a huge metal object on a rope throughout the building. I was also skeptical of the metal object falling off the rope and hitting someone in the head, but no one else seemed to have this concern so I went with it.



The smoke is the incense that they spread throughout the church




After mass we had  some precious moments of free time and so a few of us wandered away from the city and stumbled upon a park that turned into a haunted/abandoned church building through which we found the secret garden! It was beautiful and I fell in love. I didn't want to leave such a tranquil place that included an amazing view, pretty flowers and the smell of fresh air (which can be rare in Spain).




 Above, is the abandoned building that we encountered on our walk through the park and I am certain that it is haunted. 










I'm writing this post in a café while simultaneously attempting to finish my essay and watching the percentages go up and down for tomorrow's election. Those percentages are making us over here extremely nervous. Spaniards and Americans alike. Make sure to go out and vote today!
Besos

No comments:

Post a Comment