Sunday, November 4, 2012

Santiago

It happened. I knew that it would. I told everyone that there would be no way I could fall in love with anyone in Spain (not a fan of Spanish men) but there may be a time where I fall in love with a place. Ladies and Gentlemen, that happened this weekend on my trip to Santiago and La Coruña. 
I will have to do several posts on this excursion because I took hundreds of pictures. Hundreds. 

Santiago is the famous end point to "El Camino," which is basically a huge walk. Yes, people come from all over the world and begin walking in France or Spain, it doesn't matter, and walk thousands of miles through hundreds of towns and trek their poor bodies right into Santiago. Impressive I know...I would never do it.

We arrived in Santiago around 9pm on Friday night and immediately ate dinner and then did a night tour of the city and the cathedral. I roomed with Roun and we were incredibly happy to be staying in a real hotel. So happy that I took a picture of our room! 




 The cathedral at night was haunting. They have not restored the outside of this cathedral which explains the green moss and the ghostly look


 University of Santiago.
 American Library at University of Santiago





More pictures to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment