Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Leon

After a VERY LONG, but fun week, I have finally arrived in Leon! This beautiful city will be my home for the next three months! It has been hard adjusting to living with a host family that I know nothing about, especially when there is a huge language barrier. I am lucky though and have been placed with a really nice family; my host mom Susana, and my host sister Lourdes who is the same age as me! So far, conversation has been a bit slow and there are still a lot of hand gestures used, but I learn something new everyday and I think they learn something new in English everyday so it works out for everyone! Ok, enough talk for now, here are some pictures of Leon.


 The cathedral. Yes, we have a giant cathedral in the middle of our city!




The cathedral again


 The church of San Isidoro

 View from our classroom!


 My bedroom!

Our classroom. We literally have to walk up a spiral staircase  to the top of a tower in El Palacio de Conde Luna to get to our classroom. So amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment