Sunday, September 23, 2012

Madrid

Madrid. Beautiful. Historical. Great shopping. Overwhelming. 
I think that sums up my experience in Madrid. I checked into my hostel late on Thursday evening to meet Roun and Melissa (girls from my program). The next day we took the double deck bus tour around the city to make sure that we were able to see all the sights since we were only there for one full day. Madrid was also really hot and I was not prepared at all for that kind of weather so it was kind of miserable walking around in the sun all day and trying to sleep in a small room with no air conditioning at night. I enjoyed my adventures in the city with these two lovely ladies though. We also had to adjust to time in Madrid because they eat really late and most restaurants close down from 4pm until 9pm for siesta. It will be hard to get used to eating dinner at 9pm instead of eating at 6pm!



 The Plaza de Colon

 Spanish flag



 Palace


 View from the tour bus

 Lunch in Al Puerta del Sol




 A famous park in Madrid


Their giant futbol (soccer) stadium! So impressive!

I am now in Leon adjusting to life with my host family while only being able to speak Spanish. It is harder then I thought it would be, but I'm up for the challenge. Leon is a beautiful city and I can't wait to share the pictures and experiences with you that I have in Leon! Ciao.

No comments:

Post a Comment